You’ll find a single recipe to shake one up for yourself and the pitcher-sized measurements below so you can boozy it up with friends!
Christmas Mistletoe Margarita
Reposado tequila has hints of vanilla and oaky undertones and is a little less peppery than Blanco tequila, making this a smoother holiday cocktail.
The name of this cocktail is given by the red hue of the drink and the festive garnishes added before serving.
Grab these ingredients and a shaker or pitcher to make this holiday margarita recipe. You’ll need:
- Tequila: up the quality of this cocktail by using Reposado tequila. Of course you can use silver or Blanco tequila too!
- Cointreau or Triple sec: adds the citrus liquor element to this margarita. Learn more about them here.
- Lime juice: freshly squeezed is best.
- Cranberry juice: a classic ingredient for many holiday cocktails!
- Salt or sugar: for rimming the glass, optional.
- Garnish: cinnamon sticks, cranberries, and rosemary sprigs
You’ll find the measurements for this cocktail in the recipe card below.
Can You Use Grand Marnier in this Margarita?
Grand Marnier pairs great with margarita recipes made with Reposado tequila because both have sweeter, almost bandy-like flavors.
How to Make a Mistletoe Margarita
Making this Mistletoe margarita is a breeze in these easy steps.
If you enjoy a rimmed glass, prep the rims by rubbing the glasses with a lime wedge along the rim. Spread some sugar on a plate, roll them over the sugar to coat the rims, and set aside.
- Make the cocktail
Whether you make a single cocktail or a pitcher, you’re going to combine the Reposado tequila, Cointreau, cranberry juice, lime juice, agave or simple syrup.
Fill a shaker with ice and add tequila or refrigerate the pitcher until ready to serve.
Fill the prepared glasses with fresh ice and pour the cocktail through the strainer.
Garnish with some fresh cranberries.
Make a Pitcher for a Crowd
Making a pitcher that yields 6 cocktails of this margarita is simple by adding 1 ¼ cups of Reposado tequila, ¾ cup Grand Marnier or Cointreau, 1 ¼ cups cranberry juice, 6 ounces of lime juice, and 3 ounces of simple syrup or agave into a pitcher. Add a few ice cubes, stir it with a wooden spoon, and keep it chilled until ready to serve!
How to Garnish a Mistletoe Margarita
More Holiday Cocktails
If you love tequila cocktails, you're going to enjoy some of these holiday-themed drinks. Try a Winter Margarita, my Christmas Moscow Mule with Tequila, a Pomegranate Margarita, a festive White Margarita, or an Eggnog and Tequila Cocktail! Or, enjoy a warm mug of Tequila and Hot Chocolate and boozy it up outside.
Mistletoe Margarita (Pitcher Sized)
- 12 ounces Reposado tequila, 1 ¼ cups
- 6 ounces Grand Marnier or Cointreau, ¾ cup
- 12 ounces cranberry juice, 1 ¼ cups
- 6 ounces lime juice, about 6-7 limes
- 3 tablespoons agave or simple syrup, optional
- Sugar for rimming, optional
- Cranberries for serving, optional
- 2 ounces Reposado tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ teaspoon agave or simple syrup, optional
- If you enjoy a rimmed glass, prep the rims by rubbing the glasses with a lime wedge along the rim. Spread some sugar on a plate, roll them over the sugar to coat the rims, and set aside.
- Place a few ice cubes inside a pitcher. Measure and pour the Reposado tequila, Cointreau, cranberry juice, lime juice, agave or simple syrup into the pitcher. Stir with a wooden spoon and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill a shaker with ice and add tequila, Cointreau or triple sec, cranberry juice, lime juice, and simple syrup (if using). Shake well to combine until the shaker is frosted.
- Fill the prepared glasses with fresh ice and pour the cocktail through the strainer.
- Garnish with some fresh cranberries.
You can use triple sec for this cocktail instead of Grand Marnier or Cointreau.
Make this a single cocktail by adding 2 ounces of Reposado tequila + 1 ounce Cointreau or triple sec + 2 ounces cranberry juice + 1 ounce lime juice + ½ teaspoon agave or simple syrup in a shaker. Shake until the sides are frosted and pour into a prepared glass.