If spiked eggnog is your thing, this 2-ingredient twist with tequila will bring plenty of holiday cheer! Single and pitcher amounts in this post!
Christmas Tequila & Eggnog
Adding tequila to your favorite eggnog mixture, whether you purchase it ready-made or make your own, is a great idea.
Whether you mix a single cocktail to enjoy yourself or shake up a pitcher to share among friends, this simple 2-ingredient recipe will definitely get everyone sharing some holiday cheer.
What Alcohol Goes Well with Eggnog
Traditionally, sweeter alcohols such as brandy, rum, or cognac are paired with eggnog. For this recipe, I've combined eggnog with tequila for an interesting twist, especially if you have reposado on hand, which is much smoother and more complex.
What You Need
If you're a fan of tequila, this eggnog and tequila twist on the classic holiday cocktail is a must-try. You'll need:
- Tequila: reposado pairs best although, you can use silver or blanco tequila.
- Eggnog: Store-bought or homemade.
- Cinnamon: For that special touch of holiday flavor sprinkled on top.
- Garnish: Use cinnamon sticks for a fun optional garnish.
- Cinnamon sugar: optional for rimming. You can make this yourself or buy a cinnamon sugar mix.
How to Make Eggnog & Tequila
This holiday cocktail is irresistible and you can mix it up really quick by:
- Fill the glass
Fill the glass with ice, eggnog, and tequila.
Stir the cocktail ingredients with a spoon.
Sprinkle the assembled eggnog margarita with cinnamon, and enjoy!
How to Serve
Eggnog cocktails are served cold and over ice. You can top it with frothed milk and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Having friends over? No problem! This holiday cocktail can easily be made in larger quantities and fill a pitcher by combining 2 pints of eggnog and 1 ½ cups of tequila with plenty of ice! Refrigerate it until you're ready to use.
Other Holiday cocktails with tequila
If tequila is your alcohol of choice year-round and you want to keep on sippin' over the holidays, try this Christmas Margarita, a Winter Margarita, a Pomegranate Margarita, a White Margarita, my Tequila Moscow Mule, a Spiced Apple Margarita or my pitcher-sized Mistletoe Margarita! You can also stay warm with a Tequila and Hot Chocolate!
Eggnog & Tequila Cocktail (Single & Pitcher Size)
- 2 ounces tequila, reposado or your favorite
- 6 ounces eggnog, your favorite
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Frothed milk, optional for garnish
- Fill a glass with ice. Add the tequila and eggnog, and with a spoon, stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon and sip away!