It's both refreshing and delicate, and with the recipe below, you can make it using fresh fruit or peach juice, you choose!
This stunning Peach Margarita combines delicate floral flavors with soft peppery tequila, orange-flavored liqueur, fresh lime juice, and sweet honey. Always use quality ingredients when making easy cocktails with minimal ingredients.
Here’s what you need:
- Peaches: medium peach (peeled) for the margarita mixture and extra peach slices for garnish. ⅓ cup of peach juice can be used instead. The thick juice is sold in a glass jar.
- Honey: or peach syrup. Optional for added sweetness.
- Blanco or Silver Tequila: use your favorite brand.
- Cointreau or Triple Sec: these orange-flavored liquors will sweeten and balance this cocktail.
- Lime juice: freshly squeezed is best.
- Salt or Tajin: optional for rimming. Tajin is a slightly spicy Mexican seasoning blend with dried chili and lime. It will add a lovely little ‘zing’ to the drink.
- Mint leaves: optional for garnish. Wash before use.
You'll find the ingredient measurements in the printable recipe card below.
How to Make a Peach Margarita
Simple to make and the perfect cocktail for any occasion, you'll see that making this peach margarita is a breeze!
Follow these simple steps to ensure success:
- Prep the Glass
If you love a rimmed glass, rub a lime wedge along the rim and dip it into Tajin seasoning. Set it aside to dry.
- Blend the Peach
Chop and blend the peach until smooth, adding honey or peach syrup for extra sweetness if you prefer, or simply use store-bought peach juice. You can also make a chunkier peach puree in the cocktail shaker with a pestle.
- Fill & Shake
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, blended peach mixture, tequila, Cointreau or Triple Sec, and lime juice. Secure the top and shake well until the sides are frosted.
- Serve & Garnish
Fill the rimmed glass with ice and pour the peach margarita mixture through a strainer to hold the ice back in the shaker. Garnish with peach slices and mint leaves.
Can You Use Peach Juice for Margaritas?
You can make this peach margarita recipe using fresh peaches like we did today, or swap them for ⅓ of a cup of peach juice per cocktail.
Best Tequila to Use
There is no need to pull out the expensive tequila for this peach margarita; since it's mixed with fresh peach juice, a Silver or Blanco tequila is best. The great news is that they're affordable and easy to find.
Using Frozen Peaches
Use ⅓ cup of frozen peaches, per drink, mixed with a little water to make peach puree for this cocktail.
How Much Alcohol is in a Peach Margarita?
This peach margarita has 3 ounces of alcohol, so it's not weak. Like other fruity margaritas, it contains about 20% alcohol by volume (ABV).
How to Serve Peach Margaritas
Rim the glass with salt or Tajin seasoning and garnish with fresh slices of peach and mint leaves!
- 1 medium-sized peach*, more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- 2 ounces Blanco or Silver Tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec*
- 1.5 ounces lime juice
- Salt or Tajin, optional for rimming
- Mint leaves, optional for garnish
- If you enjoy a rimmed glass, this peachy drink pairs great with Tajín seasoning. To rim, rub a lime wedge along the rim, dip in Tajín, and set aside.
- Peel the peach and roughly chop it up inside a small blender. If you enjoy sweeter cocktails, add honey to the peach, and blend until smooth. You can also puree the peach inside the cocktail shaker with a pestle but it won't be as smooth. Alternatively, see the note below if using peach juice.
- Fill a shaker with ice and add the pureed peach mixture, tequila, Cointreau or Triple Sec, and lime juice. Place the top on, and shake vigorously until the sides are frosted.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour the peach margarita contents into the glass through the strainer to hold the ice back.
- Garnish with additional peach slices and mint leaves if desired.
- If using store-bought peach juice, it's usually sold in a glass jar, and the texture is quite thick, use ⅓ cup peach juice.
- You can also use ⅓ cup of this Peach Syrup. It's sweet, so omit the honey.
- Use ⅓ cup frozen peaches mixed with a tablespoon or two of water to make a peach puree to make this cocktail.