Perk up your happy hour with this iced coffee and tequila cocktail!
A glass, four simple ingredients, and less than five minutes are what it takes to make your iced coffee dreams come true.
Can You Mix Coffee with Tequila?
Sure, you can! The slight sweetness from the agave pairs amazingly well with the rich flavor of some strong coffee. And milk makes it creamier!
This cocktail is an epic drink to enjoy by the pool, on the couch, or when you want to party all night. It's tasty, refreshing, and incredibly easy to make! So grab a glass, and get ready to sip!
What You Need
Coffee and tequila are almost everything you need to give yourself a delicious energy boost.
Here are the four simple ingredients:
- Silver tequila: if you don't have a favorite one, check out some great options down below.
- Milk: I love how this cocktail tastes with vanilla almond milk! Regular milk works great too.
- Coffee tequila's new best friend! I'll share with you how to make this with instant coffee powder for a whipped, luxurious feel or strongly brewed espresso coffee.
- Ice: because it's a cocktail meant to enjoy chilled!
You'll find the measurements of this cocktail recipe below.
How to Make a Tequila Coffee Cocktail
This tequila coffee cocktail is one of the easiest drinks to make when you need something cooling and delicious that you can really sip with a straw.
Here are the simple steps before you sip:
- Get the coffee ready
You'll need about a shot of strong espresso coffee, or mix instant coffee powder with granulated sugar and water and whip it until it's frothy.
- Prep the glass
Fill a glass with ice.
- Add milk
I love using vanilla almond milk, but dairy milk works too!
- Add tequila
Measure and pour it in!
- Add the coffee
Slowly pour the shot of espresso on top or spoon in the frothy mixture and stir to combine.
Ultra Chilled Preparation
Want to enjoy this cocktail ultra chilled? Fill a shaker with ice, and shake the coffee and tequila until the sides are frosted. Then, slowly pour the tequila and espresso into the milk and ice-prepped glass.
Spiked Dalgonia Coffee
The classic Dalgonia coffee is achieved by whipping equal amounts of instant coffee, granulated sugar, and water. Once it achieves that epic whipped texture, you pour it over your milk and ice. In this case, we do that and add tequila for the ultra-boozy treat!
Best Tequila to Use in Coffee Drinks
Since you're not sipping it alone, there is no need to pull out the reposado tequila for this drink. Of all the types of tequila out there, Blanco or Silver tequila is the one to use in cocktails and in this coffee-inspired drink.
Here are some great options:
Coffee and Tequila over Ice
For the coffee:
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon water or
- 1 shot of espresso, cooled
For the cocktail:
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk, or regular milk
- In a medium bowl, combine the instant coffee, granulated sugar, and water. Using a hand mixer on high speed or a hand whisk, whisk until it turns into a frothy whipped topping. Otherwise, brew espresso-style coffee and cool it or use a concentrate like the one below.
- Prep the glass by filling it with ice.
- Add your preferred milk into the glass and then the tequila.
- Spoon in the frothy coffee mixture on top or slowly pour the shot of espresso and stir to combine