It's a smooth and mild cocktail that goes down easy. Consider garnishing the glass by rimming it with cinnamon sugar, apple slices, a cinnamon stick, and rosemary for a stunning party cocktail!
What is a Thanksgiving Margarita?
This cocktail has the base ingredients of the classic margarita: tequila and triple sec. Then, it adds fall-inspired flavors, such as cinnamon, apple cider, and maple syrup, and the club soda adds a pop of fizz.
This Thanksgiving Margarita recipe is the perfect cocktail for your holiday gathering because you'll be able to make a pitcher and serve it to your guests as needed instead of having to mix each individual cocktail.
How is This Different to the Apple Pie Margarita?
The Apple Pie Margarita recipe calls for apple juice, while this Thanksgiving Margarita calls for apple cider. Apple cider is the unfiltered and unpasteurized version of apple juice. It’s less sweet in flavor and has a cloudy appearance.
Other ingredient differences include using pumpkin spice in Apple Pie Margarita and fizzy club soda in this Thanksgiving Margarita to top off the glass.
Get ready for your Thanksgiving celebrations with this delicious Thanksgiving Margarita, loaded with the classic flavors of fall!
- Blanco or Silver Tequila: use your favorite brand.
- Apple cider: use your favorite brand.
- Cointreau or Triple Sec: these orange-flavored liquors will sweeten and balance this cocktail.
- Club Soda: or sparkling water for a lovely pop of fizz.
- Maple syrup: or simple syrup. This is recommended since apple cider is less sweet.
- Cinnamon sugar: optional for rimming.
- Garnish: Cinnamon sticks, apple slices, and rosemary as optional garnish.
You'll find the measurements to this cocktail in the recipe card below.
How to Make a Thanksgiving Margarita
This Thanksgiving Margarita with warm cinnamon, apple cider, a pop of fizzy Club Soda, and fall-inspired garnish will help to kick off any Thanksgiving festivities, and you only need 5 ingredients!
Follow these easy steps to ensure success:
- Make the Cinnamon Sugar
Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small dish. Spread it over a flat plate.
- Fill the Pitcher
Combine all of the ingredients (except the cinnamon sugar and optional garnish) in a pitcher and stir with a wooden spoon.
Add a few ice cubes and chill the pitcher in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap, for 1 hour.
- Prep the Glasses
If you love a rimmed glass, rub a lime wedge or water along the rim of each glass and dip them into the plate of cinnamon sugar. Set the glasses aside to dry.
- Serve and Garnish
Add a few cubes of ice to each glass and pour the chilled Thanksgiving margarita mixture into the serving glasses. Top each glass with 1-2 ounces of Club Soda. Garnish each glass with apple slices, a cinnamon stick, and rosemary.
Can This Thanksgiving Margarita Be Made With Apple Juice?
Yes! Since apple juice is much sweeter than apple cider, you can reduce the maple syrup (or simple syrup) by half.
Can I Make a Single Thanksgiving Margarita?
Absolutely! To make a single Thanksgiving margarita, combine ½ ounces of tequila, 1 ounce of Cointreau or Triple Sec, 1 ½ ounces of apple cider, and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup. Mix these ingredients in a shaker, pour the mixture over ice in a glass, and top the glass with a little club soda or sparkling water with optional garnish.
Thanksgiving Margarita (Pitcher Sized)
- 1 cup of tequila
- ¼ cup Cointreau or triple sec
- 8 oz apple cider
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup, or simple syrup
- Club soda or sparkling water
- Cinnamon sugar, for rimming
- Apple slices, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Rosemary, for garnish and optional
- Pour the tequila, Cointreau or triple sec, apple cider, and maple syrup into a pitcher. Add a handful of ice cubes, stir with a spoon, and refrigerate for one hour.
- Prep the rim of your glass by rubbing a lime wedge along the rim. Dip in cinnamon sugar and set aside.
- Fill each prepared glass with a few ice cubes, and the margarita mixture, and top with 1 to 2 ounces of club soda or sparkling water.
- Garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and rosemary if using.
- Make this a single cocktail with 1 ½ ounces tequila, 1 ounce Cointreau or triple sec, 1 ½ ounces apple cider, 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Mix them in a shaker, pour over ice, and top the glass with a little club soda or sparkling water to top the glass.
- If using apple juice instead of cider, consider reducing the amount of apple syrup by half since apple juice is sweeter than cider.