It's a full-bodied margarita that provides a depth of oaky flavor with the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It’s the kind of margarita that you’ll want to show off at your holiday parties!
What is a Spiced Apple Margarita?
A spiced apple margarita combines the sweetness of apple juice, Cointreau or Triple Sec, and maple syrup, with the warm and spicy notes of cinnamon and reposado tequila for a delightful fall cocktail.
What’s So Special About Reposado Tequila?
Reposado tequila has a flavor profile similar to whiskey in that it’s slightly aged in oak barrels and has an oaky flavor; and when used to make a margarita, it feels richer and less peppery than when using Blanco tequila, something I love.
This whisky-like quality pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of the apple juice and cinnamon in this spiced apple margarita! Of course, if you don't have Reposado tequila, use your favorite Silver or Blanco with the recipe below.
Spiced apple margarita is the ideal combination of sweet with a touch of warm spice and oaky flavor. Here’s everything you’ll need to make this sip-worthy cocktail!
- Tequila: I’ve used Reposado tequila, but you can use classic Silver or Blanco tequila if you don’t have Reposado.
- Apple juice: freshly juiced or bottled.
- Lime juice: freshly squeezed is best.
- Cointreau or Triple Sec: these orange-flavored liquors will sweeten and balance this cocktail.
- Maple syrup: or simple syrup. This is optional.
- Garnish: Star anise cloves, apple slices, and rosemary as optional garnish.
You'll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
How to Make a Spiced Apple Margarita
This Spiced Apple Margarita is a sophisticated cocktail with a whisky-like flavor and the perfect balance of sweetness and warm spice. It’s great for upcoming holiday parties or as a cozy sundowner at home!
Here are a few easy steps to make this margarita:
Fill a glass with ice.
- Fill & Shake
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, apple juice, lime juice, tequila, Cointreau or Triple Sec, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Secure the top and shake well until the sides are frosted.
Strain the spiced apple margarita mixture into the glass. As an optional extra, garnish the glass with star anise cloves, apple slices, and a sprig of rosemary.
Can This Spiced Apple Margarita Be Made With Apple Cider?
Absolutely! Apple cider is noticeably less sweet than apple juice. I recommend combining the margarita mixture and the tasting. You can then add more maple syrup or simple syrup to sweeten the cocktail to your liking.
How Can I Make This Margarita Extra Special?
If you’re serving this spiced apple margarita at a party or special event this fall or winter, consider rimming each glass with cinnamon sugar and adding garnish to each serving. Star anise cloves, apple slices, and rosemary sprigs will instantly elevate this cocktail's look!
Spiced Apple Margarita
- 2 ounces apple juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces Reposado tequila*
- ½ ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or simple syrup, optional
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a shaker with ice. Pour apple juice, lime juice, tequila, Cointreau or triple sec, cinnamon, and maple syrup or simple syrup if using. Shake well to combine until the shaker is frosted.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass.
- Use classic silver or Blanco tequila if you don't have reposado tequila.
- You can use apple juice or apple cider for this cocktail. If using apple cider, try it after mixing and adjust the sweetener if it's too tart.