Get ready to enjoy this quick and easy cherry limeade margarita because making this cocktail is a cinch.
Just prep your shaker, and you'll get a spectacularly refreshing drink to sip after a long day of work, chill near the pool, or serve to your friends!
Cherry Limeade Tequila
Cherry limeade margarita gives a little twist to the Classic Margarita. We still have the tequila, triple sec or Cointreau, and a lime flavor.
Adding cherry juice, limeade, and orange liquors make this margarita a fresh and fruity cocktail you'll want to enjoy on a summer night or to chill after a long day.
This drink not only looks pretty (I mean, check out those colors asking for an Instagram pic!) but also tastes amazing -what really matters, right?
What is Limeade
Limeade is similar to lemonade, but the drink's base is limes instead of lemons. It contains lime juice, water, and sugar.
You can make it at home or purchase limeade at the grocery store in the refrigerated case next to the lemonade.
And if you can't find limeade, check out this Tequila Lemonade cocktail.
For such an easy cocktail, it's all about the quality of the ingredients. Here is everything you need:
- Silver or Blanco Tequila: use your favorite brand or one of the ones below.
- Cointreau or Triple Sec: these orange liquors sweeten the drink and are essential for a well-mixed margarita. Use your favorite one.
- Limeade: make your own at home or purchase it at the grocery store.
- Cherry juice or grenadine: adds a fruity touch and all the color!
- Cherries: fresh or Maraschino for a delicious garnish!
- Lime wedge: a classic garnish for a margarita.
Make sure to grab the measurements in the printable recipe below!
How to Make a Cherry Limeade Margarita
This cherry limeade margarita is a no-fuss kind of cocktail that can't get any easier to make.
- Prep the glass
Prep your glass with ice cubes.
- Fill & Shake
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, Cointreau or Triple Sec, limeade, and cherry juice or grenadine. Shake until the sides are fully frosted.
- Serve & Garnish
Pour the cocktail into the prepped glass with the strainer to hold back the ice. Garnish with fresh or Maraschino cherries and a lime wedge.
Cherry Juice or Cherry Cocktail Syrup
You'll find cherry juice at some stores, with the other shelf-stable juices. Once opened, you'll need to refrigerate it and consume it within 7 days. However, the cherry cocktail syrup is shelf stable and sweeter, which will last months after opening.
Alternatively, you can use grenadine syrup for color, although it will lack the tart flavor that cherries add to this cocktail.
Best Tequila to Use
For this recipe, I recommend silver or blanco tequila. If you don't have a favorite brand, these are great options:
How to Serve a Cherry Limeade Margarita
The most popular garnishes for this cherry limeade margarita are Maraschino cherries on the top and a lime wedge. You can also use fresh cherries, like I did, and add some sugar around the rim (instead of salt) if you like!
Cherry Limeade Margarita
- 2 ounces tequila, silver or blanco
- 1 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 6 ounces limeade
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice or cocktail syrup or grenadine
- Fresh or Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Prep your glass with ice cubes.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, Cointreau, limeade, and cherry juice or grenadine. Shake until the sides are fully frosted.
- Pour the cocktail into the prepped glass with the strainer to hold back the ice.
- Garnish with fresh or Maraschino cherry and a lime wedge.